Skip to main content

Took the Children Away




Archie Roach’s ‘Took the children away’ opened the door for me to listen to the soulful songs of our First Nations singers. I can repeat the lyrics along with Archie whenever I hit it play on Spotify. When I saw this illustrative songbook, all I wanted was to bring it home because the lyrics speak a lot to me. So on this
#naidocweek2021, I am celebrating Archie’s music and life. As we live on this peaceful land, we need to make a serious effort to learn and celebrate the people of this land.

“Oh, you know I love this country
Every rock and every tree
The grass lands and the desserts
The rivers and the sea

Well you know I love the people
Wherever they are from
Yes, I love all the people
Who call this land their home

Let love rule
Let it guide us through the night
That we may stay together
And keep our spirits calm”
(From his song ‘Let love rule’)
🖤💛❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you listening?