Skip to main content

Are you listening?

Are you listening?

It was dangerously quiet  

The silence, her silence. 

She wanted to shout  Hear me, help me!  

The words  

Stuck in her throat  

Suffocating 

She tried to scream  

Hear me! Help me!  

Every time she tried  

She would think 

of family and friends  

The society  

What would they say?  

How would they look at me?

Who would they believe?  

It was dangerously quiet  

The silence, her silence.  

She would tell herself 

Not yet  

Not today  

Maybe tomorrow!  


She looked up to every face
directly into their eyes 
silently begging 
ask me 

‘Are you okay?’  

Look into my eyes  

See the pain, anger and devastation? 

Can I trust you?  

Will you believe me?  

She waited with grief  

for that one person  

who would see her through 

pulling her out of the deep grave  

It was dangerously quiet  

The silence, her silence  

which she wanted to break  

with a hammer  

name it justice  

she impatiently waited  

fire in her belly  

a broken heart  

yet strong 

and determined


One day  

She did  

She did it all herself 

No family nor friends 

She broke her silence 

Shattered the mirror 

Peeling the mask off  

him 

She is the survivor 

Still surviving 

Breathing and living 

Fighting against 

why he did what he did  

Where were you, dear friend?  

Where were you when she needed you? 

You wanted to play judge?  

You wanted facts?  

She was suffocating in silence, friend! 

What were you waiting for!  

Here he comes  

Playing the victim  

You want to believe him  

Don’t ya?  

Quick to fall for his crocodile tears 

Too slow to read her silence 

It is dangerously quiet  

The silence, her silence  

Are you listening?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog