Skip to main content

Do yourself a favour!

 



Take some me-time
Just you
And
You

If you were working from home
Day and night
Checking emails
Writing proposals
Zooming
Teaming
Whatever you name it
Your home was no home

Not a place to return from work
Not a place to close the laptop and relax
Not a place to boost your energy and have some personal time
Home is meant to be your private zone
Yours
Not theirs

Pandemic
Huh they used it
They made it look like a necessity
They sneaked into your private zone
They made it their home
And you became your own Big Brother!
Watching yourself
Feeling guilty for going to the bathroom
Making lunch and eating snacks
Nobody tracked you
Nobody had to
You did yourself
The obedient slave
of the
The Brave New World!

Tsk tsk
Look
You know what you are doing?
Remember what you wanted to do last year?

Do yourself a favour
Take some me-time
Just you
And
You

‘Self-retreat’
One said it’s an Australian thing
We do not have it in our culture
What does ‘thaniththiruththal’ mean then?
Ah you people called the siththarhal mad
Didn’t you?
Let me roll my eyes
No wonder one looked at me like I have gone mad
And the other begged me not to say ‘self retreat'
What’s wrong with the concept?

I’m sitting on the floor
Listening to some beautiful poetry
Starring at a sleepy Melbourne
My body, mind and soul at peace
Happy
Relaxed
I am myself
No chaos
No dramas
No laptop
No deadlines
Just me
Music, books and food
Alone but not lonely

I deserve it
You deserve it
We deserve it
Surviving and breathing
Not enough folks
Life is more

Do yourself a favour
Take some me-time
Just you
And
You

You will do others a big favour!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you listening?