Skip to main content

Messengers of Ocean




Collecting seashells was my childhood hobby. It is still. The only thing that has changed is the way I see the seashells. In my childhood, they were mere ornaments. The last time when I was at Brighton beach, I went on collecting them with Kumaran. I brought them home and sat looking at them for a while. Each of them seemed unique. They looked like they had a story to say.

They had a life before. They had a journey I never bothered to know. They were the messengers of oceans.

I was at Altona beach last week. It was smelly, the colour of the water has changed, no seashells around, but I found bits of plastic. Not a surprise, it is closer to the industrial area. Here I have put together those seashells and bits of plastic together on my painting to remind me again that ocean lives matter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you listening?